Dynamic and consistently high performing Project Manager with expertise in systems analysis and 15 years of demonstrated effectiveness in providing hands-on problem solving, analysis, team leadership, strategic guidance, and design coordination for complex interdisciplinary projects.
- Strong engineering and management experience with small size as well as large-scale projects spanning across government consulting, pharmaceutical / life science, energy, technology, academic, and defense industries.
- Diverse experience in project management, product management, change management, team leadership, process improvement, social media marketing, technology market research, estimating, scheduling, vendor sourcing / procurement, risk assessment, interdisciplinary problem solving, team coordination, and IT configuration / networking.
- Subject matter expertise in product management, system engineering, corporate sustainability, system dynamics, energy analysis, HVAC engineering, ASHRAE / LEED standards, government-military civil affairs, and system thinking.
|2010||Master of Science in Engineering and Management
Massachusetts Institute of Technology — Cambridge, MA
|1999||Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute — Worcester, MA
|2011-Present||Director of Operations / Chief of Staff
Prince of Wales Fellows at MIT — Cambridge, MA
|2013-2014||Capital Project Manager
Lantheus Medical Imaging — Billerica, MA
|2009-2011||System Design and Management (MIT SDM) Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management — Cambridge, MA
|2007-2009||Project Manager / Lead Engineer
AHA Consulting Engineers — Lexington, MA
Freelance and Volunteer Activities
|Joint Cabinet Crisis (JCC) Administrator
Northeastern University — Boston, MA
|Director of Social Media / Campaign Coordinator
Committee to Elect Oscar Camargo — North Andover, MA
|Chief of Staff
MIT/University of Wales Humanitarian Assistance Disaster Relief Centre (HADR)
|Social Media Advisor
MIT Geospatial Data Center (MIT GDC) — Cambridge, MA
MIT Gordon Engineering Leadership Program (MIT GEL) — Cambridge, MA
|Chief Operating Officer
MIT Social Media Club — Cambridge, MA
|Recruiter and Outreach Coordinator
MIT SDM Industrial Relations Committee (MIT SDM IRC) — Cambridge, MA
MIT Energy Conference — Cambridge, MA
|Computer Developer and Network System Administrator
Atencio and Associates — Bradford, MA
- Lean Six Sigma: Green Belt (expected 2015).
- Certificate in Applied Project Management (CAPM), Boston University.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT), MA Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- Secret Security Clearance (inactive): U.S. Navy ROTC, College of the Holy Cross.
- Spoken Languages: English (native), Spanish (fluent).
- Software Applications: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, SAP, AutoCAD, ProEngineer, Algor, MATLAB, Maple, Vensim, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Google Analytics, Google Maps, Mindjet Mindmapper, Trane Trace 700, Carrier Hourly Analysis Program (HAP).
- Social Media Platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google Blogger, WordPress, Pinterest, Flickr, Instagram.
- Programming Languages: HTML, C, Visual Basic, and QuickBASIC.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OSX, Linux.
- Professional Associations: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), U.S. Naval Institute (USNI), System Dynamics Society, Project Management Institute (PMI), Boston Product Management Association (BPMA), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Academic Associations: MIT Gordon Engineering Leadership Program (MIT GEL), MIT Energy Club, MIT Enterprise Forum, MIT Social Media Club, MIT Sloan School of Management Alumni, MIT System Design and Management Alumni, WPI Sustainability Alliance, WPI Alumni.
- Community Associations: Knights of Columbus (3rd degree), St. Augustine’s Church, Star Citizen (Cloud Imperium Games), Descendent: Underground (Descendent Studios).
Theses and Capstone Projects
- The Impact and Role of Multinational Corporations in Achieving Sustainability in Latin American Countries, MIT, 2010.
- Higgins Labs HVAC Design, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1999.
- Computer Integrated “Success for All” – Computers in Educational Curriculum, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1998.
- Anti-Submarine Warfare in the North Atlantic – Technology Innovation in Global Strategy, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1997.
Journals, Conferences, and Workshops
- Big Data to Big Insight Decision Engineering: The Art & Science of Infusing Latent Stability Amidst Dorian Gray Duality
DuPont Policy Studies Summit, 2012.
- Robust Decision Engineering: Collaborative Big Data and its Application to International Development/Aid
International Workshop on Collaborative Big Data, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2012.
- Humans as Sensors: The Next Generation of Geospatial Technology Applications to Anticipate and Mitigate Climate Conflict
The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes, South Africa, 2011.
- System Dynamics Models for Social Media Behavior
Cyber-Physical Supply Chain Summit, Wales, UK, 2011.
- Multinational Corporation Sustainability Supply Chain Workshop
Oxfam America & MIT Sloan, 2010.
- Energy and Efficiency in Residential Buildings Workshop
MIT Energy Conference, 2010.